So, one of the biggest questions flying around is when can i go to the pub, club or event. Well, the short answer, is no one really knows but here are a few things that are likely to happen. There’s certainly light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel.
- The Welsh Government are due to review the current COVID 19 restrictions on the 26th Jan. Unfortunately, there is unlikely to be any significant changes to Lockdown in Wales.
- The Welsh Government is aiming to delay the opening of Events and Hospitality settings, as they don’t want to have to close them again. The plan is to open them at a time when its safe, and with measures in-place to help prevent yet another closure. They are now taking the Slow and Steady wins the race approach to re-opening these settings.
- It’s likely that some measures such as Wearing Masks and Social Distancing will be in place for the time being, used alongside other tools to ensure venues can remain open.
- Its likely the Hospitality Sector will be one the beacons in the re-opening and re-building plans
- Further discussions on re-opening Events and Hospitality settings will commence when the country moves into Tier 3. This may be as soon as early March, but this will be dependant on the Vaccines availability and the reproduction rate.
- At the moment, It’s uncertain if Amplified Music will be allowed, and if there will be any form of curfew. The industry are looking at brining back amplified music with measures in-place to ensure people are able to enjoy live music in a safe way.
One thing that is certain, there is a very bright light at the end of a very dark and long tunnel. We’re all super excited to be chanting Mr Brightside again.
I’d just like to add a huge thank you to everyone who has worked through the pandemic to keep the country going, and a massive thank you to the medical staff working to help save lives.